Testosterone is the male hormone responsible for a healthy sexual drive; it helps in maintaining strength as well as muscle mass in men. Testosterone is produced by the testicles and is not only responsible for the sexual drive but also for the male characteristics like facial hair and deep voice
What can low testosterone levels lead to?
These are the following signs that can occur due to a low testosterone level:
- There can be changes in the sexual function, which can lead to a decrease in the sexual desire, low erections during sleep and infertility.
- Low testosterone levels can cause insomnia and sleep disturbances.
- There can be a lot of physical changes due to a fall in testosterone levels like an increase in body fat, reduction in muscle mass and less strength and decrease in bone density.
- Low- testosterone levels can lead to a decrease in self-confidence; one may feel depressed or have trouble concentrating and memorizing things.
These conditions are a sign of low testosterone levels, and a natural testosterone booster can help in causing the testosterone levels to rise.
The testosterone therapy
For the testosterone therapy, men need to have a low level of testosterone in the blood as well as well as some other symptoms of low testosterone. In case there you have a low level of testosterone but no other symptoms, then there is no need to go for any kind of therapy. Even if there are some other symptoms, therapy should not be the first step. But in case your doctor thinks that testosterone therapy is right for you, then there are several methods for carrying out the therapy like:
- Skin patch- Doctors apply a patch every 24 hours, mostly in the evening, which helps in releasing small amounts of the hormone.
- Mouth Tablet- In this method, the tablets are attached to the inside of the cheek at least twice a day. By doing this, the testosterone gets absorbed in the blood.
- Gels- Topical gels have to be put over the upper arms, thighs and shoulders. Remember to wash your hands after spreading the gel and also cover the area with a cloth.
- Injections- With the injections, the testosterone levels can rise in a few days and then come down after a few days, which is quite a ride.
- Pellets- The pellets are implanted under the skin of the hips to release testosterone slowly. These pellets have to be replaced every six months.
A lot of men use the testosterone therapy as a testosterone treatment to increase their testosterone level, to feel more energetic, sexually desirable and mentally sharp. Well, therapy can be helpful but is not going to be that simple if you are overweight, have diabetes or have a thyroid.